It's exciting, Newcastle is signed up to develop Strategic Cycle Routes. Check out whether your ward gets connected!
Wondering what you as Councillor can do for cycling and cyclists? Some call the cycling community "complex". We think it's simple! Get in touch to find out. Here's a few ideas! Please get in touch to discuss your projects, ideas or simply to find out what we think.
• Contact us on your ward transport matters
• Sign-up and receive our newsletter
• Contribute to our newsletter
• Talk at ward meetings about cycle strategy, cycle manifesto, cycle network development “Wheels in Motion”
• Support our projects such as “Wheels in Motion” - Seven Strategic cycle routes for Newcastle
• Participate at 4C = City Chief Cycle Challenge, typically held in June
• Fill in our annual Councillor Travel survey, typically held in the autumn
• Blog about cycling, use social media, twitter and facebook
• Describe to us why you cycle
• Attend the council’s cycle forum
• Attend one of our members meetings
• Organise or participate at a ward infrastructure safari
New to cycling?
• Describe to us why you don’t cycle
• Recently started cycling? Let the campaign know how it went!
• Get a recycled bicycle from Recyke y’Bike or get advise at your LBS (local bike shop)
• Use the excellent hired bikes from Scratchbikes
Remember, we are here to help. Please contact the campaign with your questions.
Contact us http://www.newcycling.org/contact or call us 07828 60 4349