Here's what YOU can do
This is just a quick selection of things. For red-hot calls of action, info and developments please join us to receive our monthly newsletter.
- Join us to make a difference
- Make an online donation
- Contact your Councillor (currently Newcastle only)
- Attend quarterly members meetings - check dates in events section
- Had a bumpy ride? Tell us about your path maintenance problems
- Sign the national e-petition 'Get Britain Cycling'
- Submit your photos (the bad and ugly) to our Loopy Lanes flickr pool
- Spread the word and grab our poster and leaflet, print out and display at your workplace or local cafe?
- Facebook is where our discussions happen
Here's what WE are doing
We are a group of volunteers, but we can promise you some action:
- keeping you informed via our monthly newsletter, read past issues here, just join us to receive it
- holding quarterly members meetings, read more here
- putting a focus on Strategic Cycle Routes (SCR) for Newcastle', read the on-going story here
- engaging with decision-makers by inviting them to the annual 4C bike ride and surveys
- keeping track of our hotspot campaigning locations here and having a watchful eye on monitoring locations and cycling levels in Newcastle such as creating this here
- we want bikes to be allowed on the Metro, read more on that hot potato here
- This year 2013 we asked you to submit your photo examples of good cycling infrastructure via youReport, our summary report is coming soon, when in 2012 we participated at the national Summer of Cycling - read the story - and next year, 2014, we are working on a Thank-you for Cycling
We are also keeping a watchful eye on Newcastle City Council's traffic orders and replying to consultations as necessary and as time and resources allow.
- 25 Nov 2013 Transport Committee - cycle safety: a follow up
- 3 Mar 2013 and 16 Aug 2012 Fenham Hall Drive technical and statutory reply
- 1 Mar 2013 and 24 Nov 2012 Gosforth Cycle Safety Fund
- 21 Feb 2013 Gateshead cycle strategy
- 31 Jan 2013 Armitt Review
- 27 Jan 2013 Budget proposals 2013-16
- 19 Jan 2013 Bus lane simplification (Newcastle)
- 13 Jan 2013 NE-LEP (Adonis) call for evidence
- 16 Dec 2012 and 1 Feb 2013 Our response to Walker SCR informal and formal consultation
- 5 Dec 2012 APPCG parliamentary inquiry
- 12 September 2012 last, various since Mar 2011 Core Strategy 1Core consultation a long story
- 12 Jan 2012 Westmorland Road
- 22 Jul 2011 and 17 Oct 2011 Brighton Grove a long story
- 3 April 2011 Science City
- 10 Dec 2010 LTP3 (Tyne & Wear)
- 19 Nov 2010 North-South route through Newcastle (Codename: red route)
Are you a COUNCILLOR and wondering what you can do?
There is loads you can do!
Check this out!