Here's what YOU can do
Are you a COUNCILLOR and wondering what you can do?
And here's what WE are up to:
We are a group of volunteers, but we are well organised and can promise you some action!
- in 2014, we are working on getting everyone involved with the nationwide Space4Cycling campaign
- keeping you informed via our monthly newsletter, read past editions, just join us to receive it
- holding regular members meetings (NB following the AGM we are changing the format of the meetings, please bear with us)
- putting a focus on Strategic Cycle Routes (SCR) for Newcastle', read the on-going SCR story
- engaging with decision-makers by inviting them to the annual 4C bike ride and surveys
- we are trialling Cyclescape to keep track of our hotspot campaigning locations. Get involved and register with Cyclescape.
- we have a watchful eye on monitoring locations and cycling levels in Newcastle and created this cycle counter map
- we want bikes to be allowed on the Metro
- in 2013 we ran youReport, in 2012 we investigated 'getting people cycling'
- we write press releases and try to keep track of news articles
We are also keeping a watchful eye on Newcastle City Council's traffic orders and replying to consultations as necessary and as time and resources allow.
- 16 Feb 2014 NE-LEP response to strategy
- 14 Feb 2014 CLG / DfT local authority parking consultation
- 13 Feb 2014 Gosforth transport corridor - cycle lanes
- 26 Jan 2014 Gosforth transport corridor
- 13 Dec 2013 Transport Committee - local decision making on transport expenditure
- 25 Nov 2013 Transport Committee - cycle safety: a follow up
- 3 Mar 2013 and 16 Aug 2012 Fenham Hall Drive technical and statutory reply
- 1 Mar 2013 and 24 Nov 2012 Gosforth Cycle Safety Fund
- 21 Feb 2013 Gateshead cycle strategy
- 31 Jan 2013 Armitt Review
- 27 Jan 2013 Budget proposals 2013-16
- 19 Jan 2013 Bus lane simplification (Newcastle)
- 13 Jan 2013 NE-LEP (Adonis) call for evidence
- 16 Dec 2012 and 1 Feb 2013 Our response to Walker SCR informal and formal consultation
- 5 Dec 2012 APPCG parliamentary inquiry
- 12 September 2012 last, various since Mar 2011 Core Strategy 1Core consultation a long story
- 12 Jan 2012 Westmorland Road
- 22 Jul 2011 and 17 Oct 2011 Brighton Grove a long story
- 3 April 2011 Science City
- 10 Dec 2010 LTP3 (Tyne & Wear)
- 19 Nov 2010 North-South route through Newcastle (Codename: red route)